Published: Mon, July 16, 2018
World News | By Joan Terry

Thai cave rescue: Father dies after hero doctor's successful mission

Thai cave rescue: Father dies after hero doctor's successful mission

The announcement was made by Thailand's health minister Piyasakol Sakolsatayadorn. The messages were similar, with each of the boys saying they were well and thanking rescuers.

The search and rescue teams sedated and transported them in stretchers underwater while navigating the flooded sections towards the exit.

Mr Pearce gave no cause of death or the age of Dr Harris' father, Jim.

Attention had shifted away from the boys' recovery in recent days to the team of British divers who discovered the missing football team and then helped lead an worldwide rescue effort.

Harris, who was last out of the cave after being tasked with giving the medical all-clear for each mission, said the rescue was overall an "amazing experience". "Thank you [everyone] who support us and every ministry that help me".

'He's been diving for over 30 years, and readily embraced advances in diving technology to better help him explore and photograph caves in Australia and overseas, ' he said. "Who will I kiss?"

"There was an fantastic bunch of people to work with during the rescue from both Australia and overseas", he said on Saturday.

The Australian Defence Force flew the entire crew home on RAAF jet which left Thailand on Friday.

Officials at Chiangrai Prachanukroh Hospital said at a press conference early Saturday the boys are tentatively scheduled to be released on Thursday.

Liverpool star Lovren lays the ghosts of Tottenham horror show to rest
People should respect us. "It's something special for me". "After 20 years, people will remember us, not only the '98 team". Speaking to beIN Sport following the game, the much maligned Liverpool defender claimed that he is one of the world's best.

Deep inside the cave system, Dr Harris administered a mild sedative to the boys, ensuring the inexperienced swimmers didn't panic in the water, The Daily Telegraph reported.

"The world is watching", said Kham-oey Promthep, 64, grandmother of 13-year-old Duangpetch "Dom" Promthep, captain of the Wild Boars soccer team. He also took the opportunity to say he is looking forward to eating KFC once he gets out of the hospital.

In this photo released by Thailand's Ministry of Health and the Chiang Rai Prachanukroh Hospital, some of the rescued soccer team members bowing their heads respectfully in front of a sketch of the Thai Navy SEAL diver who died while trying to rescue them, Sunday, July 15, 2018, in a hospital in Chiang Rai, northern Thailand.

Two British divers found the boys and their coach on July 2.

Members of the Thai Navy SEALs team arrived home to their base at Sattahip, feted by the Thai people but saddened by the loss of their colleague.

The youngest boy, 11-year-old Chanin Vibulrungreung, said in the video that his health is improving.

The Australian diver said at first his team was given the job of helping with supplies before joining others to pass the boys through tight, watery crevices in the caves.

"We were very relieved that they were all alive but I think at that point we realised the enormity of the situation and that's perhaps why it took a while to get them all out".

Like this: